San Antonio seems to be a lovely place. We stayed in the city and Dene and I were baffled as to where all the cafes were? Well they are down on the river walk. We didn't make it to the river walk till the last day, but it was lovely. Basically they have built the city on the river but they have concreted it up so it was a bit more like a canal in Amsterdam than a river as such. Anyway it was quite nice.
But more importantly to the rest of the family was Sea World and Six Flags (roller coaster theme park). A day spent at each and we were all exhausted. Sharni is braver than I give her credit for. Just as long as Dorothy the Dinosaur kept her distance! Dene and her would head off for any ride when I could distract Nait long enough that he wouldn't notice they were gone. Which was quite a challenge considering he was about an inch too short for all the little kiddie rides and well I couldn't go on anything. Just a bit of advice, it is rather boring being at a theme park when you are pregnant. But I new this before going so I am not going to complain. Sea World was much better for me as there were more shows to watch, than rides to ride on.
By the end of the first day I had had enough and took Nait on a kiddie train (he was too short to go on his own) it went about 5kms an hour around a 20m track. Pretty safe I assumed even for the pregnant woman. Well after a few dramas with the woman in front of me, my backpack not being allowed on, (Dene and Sharni no where in sight) and Nait being too short. The young lady just looked at my stomach. (The sign did say no pregnant passengers, but I could safely say it was safer than driving in Texas) I just carried on and sat down on the ride with Nait and I think she thought better of it. (I have lots of photos and I will post them on facebook when I get the chance)
'Dene in his pimped up ride'
Finally a ride that Nait and I could go on, again and again and again! At least we had many different animals to choose from.
A ride for Sharni, Nait and Dad
4D cinema. A little too scary for the kids and me!
Easter Bunny made it to San Antonio and Sharni was very excited as she was a little concerned about him not knowing we were there. Ah but the Easter Bunny knows all. Doesn't he Mum? We all made it back to Houston on Sunday afternoon a little tired but all having had a great Easter weekend. For some reason the Americans don't do Easter Monday.....

In the lead up to Easter, I wanted some Hot Cross Buns. They don't sell them in the shops and I got an email with a recipe for them. So with a lot of help from my fantasic friend in the kitchen (Julie tell Gary he just has to have one). I whipped up a batch of Hot Cross Buns. And they tasted bloody yummy if I do say so myself. I had to invent a piping bag for the crosses on top. I saw Jamie Oliver do it once and just put the piping stuff in a plastic bag and cut off one of the corners. Wala piping bag!
Easter Bunny made it to San Antonio and Sharni was very excited as she was a little concerned about him not knowing we were there. Ah but the Easter Bunny knows all. Doesn't he Mum? We all made it back to Houston on Sunday afternoon a little tired but all having had a great Easter weekend. For some reason the Americans don't do Easter Monday.....

In the lead up to Easter, I wanted some Hot Cross Buns. They don't sell them in the shops and I got an email with a recipe for them. So with a lot of help from my fantasic friend in the kitchen (Julie tell Gary he just has to have one). I whipped up a batch of Hot Cross Buns. And they tasted bloody yummy if I do say so myself. I had to invent a piping bag for the crosses on top. I saw Jamie Oliver do it once and just put the piping stuff in a plastic bag and cut off one of the corners. Wala piping bag!





No comments:
Post a Comment