We were so excited to see Shan we miss her so much. (OK using the word 'we' means everyone does miss her, but not as much as 'I').
After 3 flights and then another hour and a half sitting on the tarmac we finally arrived 12.30am... (a long day, damm the weather) Gratefully New York is the kind of place you can't really get annoyed at.
Wow what a place. Glad to visit, glad we don't live there. Any serious germophobes would hate it. It is just as crowded and busy as the movies portray. With a double sided pram we trekked our way through the masses.
We did most things on the 'to do' list. Ice skating in Central Park. Playing in the snow. Rockerfella Plaza. Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes, musical, AMAZING. Christmas window display gawking. Ground Zero. Lots and lots of walking.
Had the most comical tour guide on the hop on hop off bus.......... I wont go into the details of what he said should happened to the terrorists who are about to go on trial for 9/11, other than Sharni asked me looking around 'Mum where are the animals?????' I wont go into it on here but feel free to ask me personally.
Santa found his way to us in New York and our makeshift lamp/tree did the trick. Although Sharni was mortified he just 'dumped' the presents on the floor. I saw him do it and I thought he placed them and arranged them rather neatly......
We really enjoyed New York. The kids, well Sharni didn't want to leave. Tahlia was indecisive. And due to our trip getting shortened thanks to snow storms we weren't ready to leave either. The week we had planned would have been perfect. Never mind, we were very happy to have gone and seen what we did.
(I apologise for those who don't have facebook, I don't know what is going on with this blog thing, but it seems to let up upload one picture and then no more! Bizare)
No comments:
Post a Comment