Well I have been busy what being a mum to 3 and all??
Not a lot has happened but this blog may be a little all over the place as I think of things we have been doing.
Firstly Dene's Mum has gone back home to Perth. Thank you so much Margaret for taking the time out to come and help us with the kids. It was lovely to have you here.
We have extended my Mum's stay as Dene is going back to Perth for a friend's wedding and work stuff. Now however he is going later so I am going to be on my own with the kids for 10 days. AAAAAHHHHHH crap....... scary.
Tahlia is going well, eating, sleeping, putting on weight. All those things babies are supposed to do.
Nait's excema has hit an all time new level and we have had the natropath and chiropractor working hard and a second opinion from the allergy, person (who basically just suggested we use more steriod cream, I could have worked that out for myself.) We have had some tests (scratch skin test) done and he doesn't have allergies (anaphylactic) to anything. However we have had a blood test done for his intolerances type thing and he (well his digestion system) is reacting to many, many foods. In particular Dairy (no suprise), Wheat and Eggs (being extremely high). His reactions were the highest that the natropath had seen. Basically he has 'Leaky Gut Syndrome' www.allergyescape.com/leaky-gut-syndrome.html which means he is reacting to anything he eats and it is passing into his blood stream. Anyway this website explains it a bit better than that.
Needless to say Mum & I are spending HOURS trying to find recipes etc to make him and us. In addition to avoiding those things and a few other foods. Because he is so reactive at the moment we have to try not to give him the same food for 4 days. So if we give him something today we can't give it to him again for 4 days. This is to try and prevent him developing intolerances to other things. Very hard I must say. I tell you what though for anyone wishing to loose weight I recommend such a diet...... Certainly cuts out foods for weight gain, even with us baking goodies. If anyone has any good recipes that avoid those 3 critical things please email them to me merrindak@gmail.com I would be loving it.
Sharni is going well at school and is teaching us lots of new things and history about America. It is nice to hear her come out with things at funny times. Her new song 'I love America' brings a smile to our faces......hhhmmmm She has made a few new friends this year has settled in well.
Dene is flat out at work. He has moved offices and is now much closer to where we live which is nice. He is looking forward to Cam's wedding & Buck's day I am sure.
Anyway I had big intentions for this blog but my eyelids are getting very heavy. Better go get some shut eye while I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment